“Innovation and creativity is what DMI will constantly offer to its audience to satisfy their needs and even more.” Said Amna Al Hammadi, Head of Marketing and Corporate Communication, Dubai Media Incorporated.
In an interaction with MediavataarME.com Amna talked about Media Industry in the Middle East giving insights about what works best to push the boundaries of innovation in this multi cultural domain. Here are the excerpts…..
1. “Media is a key partner in building the society”. How is DMI working in making the statement come alive?
Certainly the media has a fundamental role in shaping the society and the individuals’ characters. DMI through its 14 media platforms is integrating its daily work to deliver messages to the society that help them in varies ways. DMI’s TV channels, radio stations and newspapers are in contact with the society 24/7 which influences the audience and affect their daily life. We consciously run campaigns that construct the society from all aspects.
2. Do you feel creativity and freedom goes hand in hand. How do you define your creativity quotient in this region?
When it comes to creativity, the sky is the limit. I totally believe that boundaries and budget constrains cannot holdback creativity in any sense. Being in the Middle East doesn’t limit creativity it just puts redlines when it comes to religion and culture which is not a limitation I would consider it a path that encourages you to think out of the box even more.
3. How do you create a marketing mix for the group? What is the USP that gets highlighted the most?
Each entity has different target group and demographic areas which automatically changes the promotion techniques used to deliver the message. Each entity has its unique marketing mix model to ensure the highest return on investment
4. How do you look at Digital media to propagate any message across the Middle East audience? Is the group really active in the virtual world?
Digital media have become the king when it comes to spreading a message amongst the public whether in the Middle East or across the world. With the high internet penetration rates in the region, interaction is very high and the public’s demand of being connected is relatively high as well.
5. Do you agree that TV still holds the lion’s share of marketing budget in Middle East?
Totally agree, TV has taken new communication channels to reach the viewers, which keeps it on top of the list. Now viewers can watch TV using their mobile devices and online, which might even raise the viewership scales! So advertisers would definitely go for the medium in which they will reach the largest amount of audience.
6. Mobile is a growing medium in the region, how is the group tapping into the unbound potential of this extreme personal medium?
DMI has its pioneer ipod, Ipad and blackberry applications in which the audience can watch the TV channels live from anywhere around the world. Additionally, the marketing has tapped into using the mobile applications as a marketing tool to market the onscreen content and interact with the audience.
7. What is there in the pipeline from the group?
Innovation and creativity is what DMI will constantly offer to its audience to satisfy their needs and even more